Saturday, November 12, 2005

Eric the UPS Man!



Eric got a seasonal job driving for UPS. He finished up his training last week and should start driving next week. I guess it's a great company to work for. We could only be so lucky for him to get hired on permanently.

We're told it's almost impossible to get a full time driving job there. They keep track of all hires and the first 6 are promotions from within (you usually have to be a packer for 5 or 6 years), the 7th is a transfer and the 8th is an outside hire, then the cycle starts over again. So they'd have to have an opening after the holidays and it would have to be that 8th spot...and there are 5 other temp workers fighting for it also. What are the chances? I think I'll go play the lotto tonight instead.

I'm encouraging him to take a packing position. I guess they work only 4 hours a day and get full benefits. That would be nice to have. COBRA is ridiculous. And, it would get him in the door to be driver down the line.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats Eric! You look nice in your new uniform. Zack looks soo cute, we got to get Kaili-Rose up there to play with him! Maybe Christmas time!?!

Anonymous said...

Hay, Did you see Dale. did he drive the big brown truck?