
First thing yesterday morning I heard the dogs barking and yelping out in the yard. The grass is real tall so I couldn't see much. I thought it was a snake but then I saw some kind of creature thrashing around. I freaked out and called up to Eric who was still in bed.
He jumped out of bed and road out on his atv barefoot. It was a badger. By then Daisy had retreated from the fight and it was Lucy and Abby. Lucy would back off when Eric yelled at her but Abby just wouldn't give up. The badger was tearing her up. They were locked together at the mouth and the badger kept clawing her face.
Jack came over and the dogs finally let go and the damn thing ran under Eric's atv. He gave Jack his gun and drove away. It took 3 bullets to kill the damn thing.
Well, I just got a notice saying Daisy is due for her rabies so this concerned me. I spent all morning calling everywhere to see how to get the badger tested. So it turns out we had to take the badger to the vets office so they could cut off it's head. I then had to drive down to the Department of Agriculture so they could remove the brains and send them to the Health Department.... So in a couple days we should get the results. I don't think it was rabid but better safe than sorry... What a day.
3 comments:
I Hope everything turns out ok for your dogs. Aunt D.
Wow, what a crazy lookin varmit! Good pic though. I hope Lucy is OK. All the dogs of course. I will be calling you soon. Miss U all. Love, Aunt Kimmie
That is soo crazy! Poor doggies! Hope she is fine! Let us know the update on this one! That would be so wierd to have go on...totally crazy day!
Post a Comment